Car Accident Lawyers in Norcross, Gwinnett County
Car accidents are common in the United States, and unfortunately, they can cause serious and long lasting injuries, property damage, and even fatalities. If you or someone you love has been involved in a car accident, knowing your legal rights and options is essential. At Dermer Appel Ruder, LLC, our experienced car accident attorneys in Norcross are dedicated to helping clients in Norcross, Georgia, and the surrounding areas. We have served Norcross and the entire Gwinnett County area for many years. With our attorneys, you can be sure of the highest level of representation.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, we can help you recover damages and hold the appropriate parties responsible. A Georgia car accident attorney at Dermer Appel Ruder can assist you in all matters involving motor vehicle accident law.
Contact our Georgia car accident lawyers at (404) 892-8884 for a free consultation to discuss your legal options.
Why Choose Our Legal Services?
- We have a combined 80 years of litigation experience in personal injury cases, including experience working directly with the insurance industry.
- We are devoted to building relationships with our clients to understand the unique situations they are in.
- We take our clients’ needs into consideration through every step of the process, including taking a case to trial if it is necessary to secure maximum compensation.
Our law firm has everything you need during your claim, including trustworthy legal counsel that will guide you through the legal process. We represent auto accident victims in Peachtree Corners, Lawrenceville, Sugar Hill, Alpharetta, Duluth, Dunwoody, Johns Creek, Roswell, and surrounding cities.
Do You Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
An auto accident can cause serious personal injuries and expensive property damage. If you suffered a head, brain, or spinal cord injury, broken bones, or burns, you are entitled to an experienced attorney’s representation. One of our personal injury attorneys in Georgia can negotiate with the at-fault party’s auto insurance provider, fighting for the best possible compensation award.
A lawyer representing you can put the pressure on the other side to increase recovery and avoid a trial. We take personal injury claims on a contingency fee basis, so you don’t pay a dime unless we win. Our firm will ensure you are appropriately compensated for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering
How Common Are Car Accidents in Georgia?
In 2017, 1,549 people died in Georgia auto accidents. Thousands of others suffered injuries that required emergency medical care. Gwinnett County reported 61 car accident fatalities. Twelve of these victims were motorcyclists, 13 were pedestrians, and one was a bicyclist. Many crashes in the area involved drunk drivers, speeding, and other acts of negligence including texting while driving.
Every year, hundreds of thousands of people face insurance claims adjuster conversations, confusing claim processes, and catastrophic personal injuries that may maim them for life. If you’re one of these people, help is available. Partnering with our injury law firm will give you access to resources, information, and experienced Georgia car accident attorneys to successfully resolve your auto accident case.
Common Injuries in Car Crashes
Every car accident involves three collisions: the vehicle collision, the human collision, and the internal collision.
The human collision is when a vehicle’s passengers collide with objects inside the vehicle, such as the seatbelt, steering wheel, or windshield. This collision can cause serious injuries such as broken bones, contusions (bruising), lacerations, and spinal cord injuries.
The internal collision describes the impact between your internal organs and other parts of the body, such as other organs or your skeletal frame. This collision can cause common internal injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, lung collapse, heart attack, and internal bleeding.
All of these injuries can contribute to high medical expenses, lost wages, and other financial hardships. Apart from physical injuries, emotional distress and mental forms of pain and suffering can cost you in cognitive medical treatment as well. At worst, motor vehicle accidents can cause a wrongful death, in which a family member of the deceased can pursue legal action.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Georgia
The number one cause of car wrecks is human error. Distracted, texting, drunk, drowsy, and inexperienced drivers are unfortunately common throughout Georgia, as are incompetent and aggressive drivers. Mistakes behind the wheel can be deadly. If another driver causes your accident through an act of negligence or recklessness, he or she will be the party responsible for paying your damages. Georgia is a “fault” car insurance state, meaning you must determine who is at fault for your wreck before you can seek recovery.
- Distracted driving: When drivers take their eyes off the road, even for a split second, they can cause serious accidents. Drivers can easily be distracted by activities like eating, texting on the phone, changing the radio station, or answering calls.
- Speeding: Drivers who exceed the posted speed limit or drive too fast for road conditions put themselves and others at risk.
- Drunk or drugged driving: When drivers are under the influence of drugs or alcohol, their ability to operate a vehicle safely is impaired.
- Reckless driving: When a driver is reckless, they are likely to cause car accidents. They can do so by tailgating or ignoring traffic signals.
- Poor road conditions: Potholes, debris, and other hazards can cause accidents.
To find out if you have grounds for a civil claim after suffering injuries in a car accident, contact a Georgia injury lawyer at Dermer Appel Ruder. You might be able to hold a part manufacturer, the city, or a third party accountable for your car crash. Negligent driving should not go unpunished.
What to Do After a Car Accident
If you have been involved in a car accident, it’s important to take the following steps:
Immediately after a car crash:
- Stay at the scene: Leaving the scene of an accident, especially if someone has been injured or killed, can result in criminal charges.
- Check for injuries: Call 911 or ask someone else to do so if anyone is injured.
- Exchange information: It is vital to obtain details of those involved in the accident. This includes their contact information, name, and insurance information.
- Document the scene: Take photos of the vehicles involved, the surrounding area, and any visible injuries.
- Contact your insurance company: Let them know that you have been involved in an accident and provide them with the necessary information.
- Seek medical treatment: If you are injured in a car accident seek prompt medical treatment.
Then, call today at (404) 892-8884 to talk to a Georgia car accident lawyer at Dermer Appel Ruder and receive the legal advice you need. We’ll walk you through the rest of the steps toward financial compensation, taking over insurance claim negotiations, and doing everything in our power to successfully resolve your case. We can protect your legal rights and deliver a positive outcome for you and your family.
How Much Is Your Claim Worth?
The value of a car accident claim depends on various factors, including the severity of your injuries, the amount of property damage, and the extent of your financial losses. In general, the more serious your injuries and losses, the more compensation you may receive. Some of the damages you may be able to recover in a car accident claim include the following:
- Medical expenses: This includes the cost of hospitalization, surgery, medication, and other medical treatments related to your injuries. You can also recover future medical treatment.
- Lost wages: If your injuries prevent you from working, you may be entitled to compensation for your past and future lost wages.
- Property damage: If your vehicle or other property was damaged in the accident, you might be entitled to compensation for the cost of repairs or replacement.
- Pain and suffering: You may be entitled to compensation for physical pain, emotional suffering, and the loss of enjoyment of life that resulted from the accident.
To determine the value of your claim, you should consult with an experienced car accident attorney in Norcross. Our dedicated auto accident lawyers in Norcross will review the facts of your case, assess your damages, and help you determine how much compensation you may be entitled to receive.
Our Attorney Also Represent the Following Practice Areas:-
- Bicycle Accident
- Boat Accident
- Burn Injury
- Construction Accident
- Dog Bite
- Foodborne Illness
- Food Poisoning
- Bone Fracture
- Motorcycle Accident
- Neck Injury
- Negligent Security
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Pedestrian Accident
- Pharmaceutical Injury
- Catastrophic Injury
- Slip & Fall Accident
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Truck Accident
- Wrongful Death
Why You Should Hire an Attorney?
If you have been injured in a car accident, hiring an experienced auto accident lawyer in Norcross can help you recover compensation for your injuries and losses. Here are just a few of the reasons why you should consider hiring an attorney:
- They can negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf: Insurance companies are often more concerned with protecting their bottom line than paying you what you deserve. An attorney can negotiate with them to ensure you get the compensation you need to cover your medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses. Insurance companies are not your friend and are only looking out for their bottom line.
- They can help you navigate the legal system: If your case goes to court, an attorney can guide you through the process and ensure your rights are protected.
- They can help you get the medical treatment you need: An attorney can help you find doctors and other medical professionals who can provide you with the care you need to recover from your injuries. This is especially true if you do not have health insurance and cannot afford to pay for your treatment of pocket.
Get the aggressive legal representation you deserve. Request your free case evaluation by calling or emailing our law offices today. Our personal injury attorneys serve Atlanta and all surrounding areas, helping you receive the biggest possible payout for your car accident case.
- 7 Delayed Car Accident Symptoms Not To Ignore
- How Big Truck Crash Cases Differ From Car Wrecks
- How To Handle Changing Rules And Regulations Around Police And Car Accidents
- How Long After A Car Accident Can You Sue In Georgia?
- How Much Can Someone Sue For A Car Accident In Georgia?
- Winter Car Accidents – Are You At Fault?
- Do I Need An Attorney For A Car Accident That’S Not My Fault?
- How Many Georgia Car Accidents Are Caused By Drunk Drivers?
- What’S An Average Georgia Car Accident Injury Case Worth?